General Tips –
1) Stop using soap too often
2) Drink loads of water
3) Exercise properly
4) Sleep early, wake up early
5) Write down ur worries, switch off tv/pc half hour before going to sleep, to help have a deep sleep.
6) Feel awesome about urself, do nice things for urself and treat urself as u’ll treat a nice friend of urs.
7) deep breathing, YOGA, Meditation
8) have positive attitude, help n care for others, be someone inspiring for others.
1) 1/2 spoon of black jeera + add honey – mix well; eat twice a day
2) handful of oats, add 1 cup milk, add 3 chopped dates, 3 chopped almonds, 1 spoon honey-mix it and have for breakfast; followed by 1 apple
3) Soak 7 almonds in water overnight; peeloff skin n have with glass of lukewarm milk nxt morning
4) 1 spoon honey, add pinch of cinnamon/daalchini- have just before going to sleep
1) Lemon balm: The citrus-scented leaves of this plant are used for colds, insect bites and stings, insomnia, depression and exhaustion. The fresh fragrance acts as a stimulant and the leaves can be used to make a delicious tea. Add the leaves and blossoms to your bath for an instant awakener.
2) Rosemary: Rosemary is invaluable for increasing your powers of concentration. It is a tonic for exhaustion or for fatigue after illness and also helps to lift the spirits if you are feeling low. You can boil rosemary in water to make a tea, or add a sprig of it to your bathwater.
3) Burdock: Burdock is a bitter tonic that is digestive, cleansing and purifying. The cleansing action of burdock helps to clear your head and increase your concentration. For a mental or concentration boost, make tea with the leaves.
4) Sage: Sage is an all-round internal body booster and can help to boost your concentration. Drink sage tea, burn the dried leaves of this plant as a natural incense that will aid concentration or rub the leaves into powder and add to hot water.
5) Ginger: Ginger’s warming and stimulating properties aid concentration as well as boosting your entire system. Add grated ginger to your cooking, or boil it in water for five minutes then drink it with a small dash of honey for an instant energy lift.
Make an herbal tea with any of the concentration boosting herbs, such as rosemary, or ginger, and drink it as you work to keep your mind focused or vaporize a blend of oils in a burner to stimulate mental recall.
Pedicure and manicure – http://beauty-expertreviews.blogspot.in/2013/02/manicure-and-pedicure-at-home.html
Homemade Deodrant – ( commercial ones have chemicals n all: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2013/01/homemade-all-natural-deodorant.html )
Ingredients: 1) 6-8 Tbsp Coconut oil (solid state) 2) 1/4 cup baking soda 3) 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch (arrowroot is preferred)
- Combine equal portions of baking soda & arrowroot powder/cornstarch.
- Slowly add coconut oil and work it in with a spoon or hand blender until it maintains a firm but pliable texture. It should be about the same texture as commercial deodorant, solid but able to be applied easily. If it is too wet, add further arrowroot powder/cornstarch to thicken.
- can add few drops of Tea tree oil is an excellent oil to add for its pleasant scent
- You can either scoop this recipe into your old deodorant dispensers or place in a small container with lid and apply with fingers with each use. Makes about 1 cup. This recipe lasts about 3 months for two people with regular daily use.
- in a particularly warm climate, add a little melted candelilla wax or beeswax to the mixture. Store in your fridge, if necessary. For summer travel, I recommend storing in a cooler. Remove from cooler or refrigerator 10 minutes before use to allow it to soften slightly for application.
- chk this as well http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2012/10/natural-homemade-deodorant-recipe.html
Other – 1/3 c. baking soda
1/2 c. arrowroot powder
5 tbs unrefined coconut oil
15 drops of grapefruit essential oil
1. Mix baking soda and arrowroot together—I used my craigslist-score Kitchenaid Mixer.
2. Next add the oils and mix well.
3. Pour into clean jar.
1)Box of Super Washing Soda 3 lb. 7 oz. ($3.24) 3.4375
2) 1 Box of Borax 4 lbs 12 oz. size ($3.38) 4.75
3) 1 Box of Pure Baking Soda 4 lb. ($2.12) 4
4) 3 bars of Fels-Naptha 5.5 oz. or you could also use Ivory soap ($0.97 x3) 1.031
5) 1 container of Oxy-Clean 1.3 lb ($3.86) or use 3 lb size for about $7
*optional: Purex Crystals 28 oz. for scent (or you could use Downy unstoppables ($4.76) 1.75
Finely grate the Fels-Naptha. Mix all the ingredients together and store in container of your choice. Use only 1-2 Tablespoons of detergent per load.
Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Ingredients:
- 5 parts Calcium powder or Calcium Magnesium Powder
- 1 part Diatomaceous Earth (optional- contains trace minerals and silica. UPDATE: A reader noted that DE can be abrasive and is not needed with the baking soda, so if you don’t have DE… no worries!)
- 2 parts Baking Soda
- 3 parts Xylitol Powder– This ingredient is not completely necessary, but just keeps it from tasting bitter.
- 3-5 parts coconut oilto get desired texture
- Optional ingredients: Essential oils for flavor (mint, cinnamon and orange are all good), Grapefruit Seed Extract, Myrrh and Trace Minerals
1. Mix all powdered ingredients (calcium, Baking Soda, Xylitol) well in a bowl. If you are starting with calcium tablets, powder them in a food processor. If you are starting with capsules, dump them out into the bowl.
2. Add Coconut Oil one part at a time until you get desired consistency.
3. Add any optional ingredients, including Essential Oils for flavor (my favorite is Peppermint Orange)
4. Store in small container like 1/2 pint glass jar. To use, either dip clean toothbrush into it, or use Popsicle stick or spoon to put on toothbrush.
Toothpaste Recipe 2 with coconut oil
6 tbsp coconut oil
6 tbsp baking soda
25 drops essential oil (whatever you prefer— I’ve used eucalyptus and grapefruit)
1 tsp stevia (or more if you like it sweeter)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I used my SmartStick to whip it really well and give it a light creamy texture.
2. Pour into a mason jar and seal it up until ready to use.
Recipe 3. Coconut-based toothpaste
This formula swaps out the glycerin and uses coconut oil instead. The coconut flavor and essential oil should mask the subtle taste of the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, but you can add a few drops of stevia if you prefer a sweeter paste.
1) 6 teaspoon baking soda
2) 1/4 teaspoon hydrogen peroxide
3) 2 tablespoons coconut oil (warm enough to be liquid, which means above 76 degrees F)
4) 10 drops peppermint, clove, or citrus pure essential oil
Put baking soda in a bowl, add the other ingredients and mix until you achieve a proper paste texture. Add a small amount of baking soda if it’s runny; add more coconut oil if it’s too dry. Taste, and add more essential oil if you want a more flavorful paste. Store in an opaque container (required to protect the hydrogen peroxide) and use as usual.
Recipe 4. Simple toothpaste
Inspired by Stephanie Tourles and her DIY beauty bible “Organic Body Care Recipes,” this formula couldn’t be easier. This is for a single-use application, so the adjust measurements to suit the amount you like on your brush.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
1 drop peppermint, clove, or citrus pure essential oil
A few drops of water
Mix ingredients in a small bowl and combine thoroughly until a thick paste is formed. Scoop it on to your toothbrush and brush as usual.
Remove Skin Tanning –
1) tomato puree+4 tbspoon lemon- apply on tanned skin and leave for 20 min;
wash with cold water. 15 Days regularly
2) 6 tbspoon lemon juice+ 2tbspoon turmeric powder; mix well; apply on skin for 30 min and wash with normal water.
3) rub potato slice and leave for 5 min then wash it off.
4) Protect Skin from Sunburn / Sun Tanning: mash cucumber(kis lo), take its juice in a bowl, add 1 spoon rose water, add half spoon glycerine, mix well. apply on tanned area using cotton. Leave for 45 min. then wash ur face. ca apply daily as well, if huge tanning
Natural Hair shampoo
1) baking soda : take a cup of hot water, add two(2) tablespoon baking soda, mix well; wet hair in shower and massage
this on the scalp and hair; leave for 2 minutes and then rinse off with normal water.
2) Lemon + Cucumber – 1 grinded lemon(remove seeds 1st) and add 1 grinded peeled cucumber, mix well and massage on scalp well and then leave for 5 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with normal water.
Natural Hair Conditioners
1) For damaged n dry hair : Egg pack (prevents hair loss, breakage n split ends)
take 1 egg in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of baby oil, mix well and apply on hair and leave it on for 15 minutes and use shampoo.
2) Take 1 tbspoon almond oil, ad2 tbspn of milk, add 1 mashed banana; mix well – massage on hair – leave for 15 minutes. then use mild shampoo.
3) 2 tbspoon plain yogurt, add 1 egg and add lemon and mix; apply on hair; rinse after 15 min.
1) take bowl of crushed cucumber- extract itsjuice by seive; add 1 spoon lemon juice and 1 spoon haldi – mix well. Apply and leave for 20 min and then wash off.
2) 2 spoon sandlewood powder(chandan), add rose water; make thick paste; massage for 5 min. leave for 30 min then wash off.
3) 2 spoon besan, add 2 spoon lemon juice and add equal amount of yogurt; mix well;
apply and massage for 5 min. Leave for 2 hours then wash it off.
Teeth n Lip discoloration – No more gloss or lipsticks
1) crush 6 fresh strawberry to make a paste, add 2 spoon bakind soda; apply on lips.
2) 4 tbspoon lemon juice, add 2 spoon honey; mix n massage on lips n teeth for 5 minutes daily.
3) Apply ghee on lips and leave overnight.
4) honey+add 3 spoon sugar to it, mix well. Add half spoon lemon; apply on lips every other night. Scrub gently on small circular motion for a minute. wash it off. pat dry with towel. Apply almond oil or olive oil on lips.
5) Coriander Leaves & Rose Water – take few coriander leaves, grind with adding 1 spoon gulab gal (make chutney kindoff). Massage on lips for 10 min. Wash lips with warm water. Apply olive oil and later desi ghee.
Pimple with no mark left
1) Crush nicely(hari dhaniya+tulasi leaves) and take its juice in a cup, add multani mitti and 1 spoon chandan powder. Mix well. Taka lemon on cotton and clean the pimples first. Then put it on pimple and leave for half hour. Don’t use hands ever. Remove with cotton soaked in water. Then wash with cold water and put ice cube on face.
Instant Glowing Skin –
1) Apple+Honey+Banana+Vitamin E tablets : Mash apple and banana, add vitamin e capsule(cut tip and pour) and little bit of honey; Mix nicely. Apply on face and rub for 10 min, when it gets little dry – remove with cotton. WASH FACE WITH WATER.
2) Take one and half spoon dahi, add pulp of cucumber and add 1 spoon milk powder. Mix well. Put on face and leave for it to dry. Then wash ur face with warm water.
Tips for Brighter shining Eyes; dark circle removal – Cotton pads Soaked in Milk
1) put cotton pads in kachha doodh/raw milk. Put in freeze, til it gets cold. Then keep it on arnd eyes for 15-20 minutes
1) vaseline/petroleum gelly, take on finger tips and close ur eyes and apply it gently on lid and lash line. Take care not to get them into eye. Apply like mascara on lashes.
Remove Wrinkles /dark circle ( gaajar, kakadi, shahad, nimbu )
1) one spoon besan+ chutki bhar haldi+ 1 spoon malai + cold milk – mix well to make a paste.
Put on face for 15 min and wash with cold water
1) 1 spoon haldi, add 1 spoon glycerine, add half spoon rose water. Clean ur heals and apply on heals, leave for 20 min and then wash ur feets with warm water. Do daily till its helped.
Exfoliation/Dead cell removal –
1)Tomato: Cut tomato in two pieces. Take a lemon and cut it into half, squeeze half lemon juice in a small plate and add little sugar to the lemon juice. Now dip the half cut tomato into the juice and and rub it in circular motions on the face and neck. Wash your face after ten minutes. Little burning sensation is possible because of lemon; you can tone your skin with rose water as it will help you to close your pores and also to reduce the sensation. It is best suited for people with oily skin and one easily exfoliate with tomatoes twice or thrice a week.
2) Almonds: Did you know tha besides being a potential source of nutrition, almonds actually make for a great facial scrub. Yes, soak few almonds in water for few hours and grind them into thick paste, mix it with milk and exfoliate (scrub) your face with it. Atmost twice a week.
3) Oatmeal: Crush some oats and add two tablespoon of milk to it to form a thick paste. Scrub with this paste for 5 to 7 minutes and wash with water.
4) Sugar & Lemon:Squeeze half lemon juice on to your palm and take a pinch of sugar, rub both your hands and start exfoliating your facial skin in circular motion all over face including the neck area.
5)Bengal Gram/Besan:Take little amount of besan, turmeric powder and milk combine all three and exfoliate your skin with these for 5 minutes, let it dry for ten minutes and then wash it with cold water. oily skin, then you can use lemon juice instead of milk.
6) Basic baking soda (scrub)- Baking soda can freshen the air, remove stains, clean showers and sinks, and trigger explosions in science fair volcanoes. But there is one more non-food-related use to add to baking soda’s resume: face exfoliant.Mix in a teaspoon of baking soda to your facial cleanser to make it an exfoliating cleanser. Or make a paste of just baking soda and water, gently rub it onto your skin and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing off.
7)Nourishing sugar scrub- Mix granulated sugar with honey, and a little lemon for clarifying purposes,Combine 1 teaspoon sugar with 1/2 teaspoon honey and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and mix well. If the mixture is a little loose, add a bit more sugar.
8)Oatmeal – Combine 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, which boosts the face treatment’s exfoliating properties, and 1 teaspoon of water or olive oil to make it into a paste. Gently rub it onto you skin in circular motions, let sit for five to 10 minutes and rinse.
very important to tone and moisturize after exfoliating. you can use rose water or cucumber juice to close your pores and then apply a moisturizer to your face.
- Don’t be too harsh whenever you exfoliate your skin.
- Don’t exfoliate more than 5 to 10 minutes, since this much time is good enough.
- It is better to take steam on the face after exfoliating, as this will help you to remove the white heads and black heads.
- Don’t forget to close your pores after exfoliation by toning and moisturizing it.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day for good and healthy skin.
- Exfoliating can be done every 14 days, and in some cases weekly.
Toner – Rose water + drop of essential oil – olive (chk once)
Natural Body Polisher –
U need – • Pumice stone (loofah/rough body cloth will also do)
• Pure olive oil
• Exfoliating sugar body scrub or facial
1) To Face Polish moisten your skin with warm water and use a gentle exfoliant.Start rubbing in a circular motion while taking care to avoid the sensitive area around the eyes.
2)ALWAYS MOISTURIZE after skin polishing regardless of your skin type.
Body Polish –
To Body Polish, steam up your bathroom and take a warm shower. Turn off the water and start rubbing pure olive oil all over your body. Allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes, to condition the skin and make polishing easier and gentler on the skin. Warm the area by covering it with cotton towel. Now apply a gentle sugar body scrub with your polishing cloth all over your body in gentle circular motions. Apply gentle pressure in order to exfoliate thoroughly. Do not tub too long and hard. Take the luxury of time while body polishing, working upwards towards the heart. On rough areas such as knees, heels and elbows you can use your pumice stone. Apply Vaseline before hand to soften such areas.
Rinse off the skin polish with warm water. You can leave the oil from your skin polishing onto your skin for moisturization and then wash it off or use another body lotion to moisturize. After skin polishing and rinsing, never rub your skin with a towel, but pat it dry gently instead. Remember, the key to skin polishing is to be gentle and to polish no more than twice per week for perfectly glowing skin.
skin polishers at home.
1) Aloe vera and Baking Soda – Pour two tablespoons of baking soda into a dish. Stir in either pure aloe vera gel, either bottled or directly from an aloe plant. Add more baking soda if the exfoliate gets too thin.
You can also create an exfoliate with baking soda alone. Just wet your skin and use it like soap.
2) Olive Oil and Flour Scrub- Start with two tablespoons of wheat flour. Add in a half teaspoon of turmeric. Stir in a half teaspoon of olive oil.
Hair( Shiny n long Conditioning and hair fall treatment and strengthen etc) –
1) Use olive oil to oil ur hair, keep it overnight and wash it with some mild shampoo next day.
2) Use an egg , mix half a lemon – apply on wet hair, leave for half an hour and wash with mild shampoo.
3) Use dahi/curd, add half a lemon to it, and few drops of olive oil. Keep it for half an hour leave and wash with a mild shampoo.
4) Mash one banana and mix it with 1-2tbsp of almond or avocado oil. Apply it all over your hair and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Rinse well.
5) 1 mashed banana, add 1 raw egg, 3 tablespoon milk, 3 tbspoon honey; mix well- apply on hair
n scalp; leave for half an hour and wash with mild shampoo.
6) 2 raw egg+5tbspoon of olive oil, few drops of lemon; apply on hair, leave for half an hr and wash with mild shampoo
7) Henna shikakai, mix with 1 egg and one lemon juice and banai hue tea ka juice.
Apply on hair and leave for an hour.
****Do any of 2 or 3 once a month or twice a month atmost. Almond oil can also be used
in place of olive oil or alternate between the two.
****Lemon removes the bad smell of dahi or egg, so do add it.
Natural Methods of Teeth Whitening:
1) One simple way of natural tooth bleaching is by applying the pulp of crushed strawberries (which contains malic acid) to the teeth and leaving it there for five minutes. Remains of strawberry pulp can be removed by flossing the teeth.
2) Brushing one’s teeth with some baking soda gently and circularly using a soft toothbrush.
3) Apples, celery and carrots also support and help whitening teeth.
4) Lemons are sometimes used as a whitening agent by squeezing the juice on the teeth and lightly brushing for a couple of minutes.
Side effects of teeth bleaching include:
1) Risk of increased hot/cold sensitivity.
2) Risk of bleachorexia (An unhealthy obsession with whitening one’s teeth)
3) Overbleaching known in the profession as “bleached effect”, particularly with the intensive treatments (products that provide a large change in tooth colour over a very short treatment period, e.g., 1 hour)
SO use it sparingly and for short time (2-3min only)do any of the things mentioned. DON’T OVERDO!!!
1) apply a mixture of salt and turmeric on ulcer
2) apply Coconut oil
3) Take salt.Keep it in your mouth.Night sleep.
Constipation/weak digestion – Abdominal Pain, Indigestion; After dinner delite spicy tea; Ajwain Seeds for Indigestion; Aloe juice; Angelica root tea; Angelica Simple; Bee Balm Summer Tea; Boldo leaf tea; Bromelain Capsules; Cardamom Tea; Carob Tea; Cayenne Pepper Tea; Centaury Tea; Chamomile tea; Cinnamon and Honey tea; Codonopsis root tea; Digestive Tonic; Digestive Tonic 2; Fennel seed Tea; For Flatulence; Gentian Bitters for Stomach Upset; Gentian tea; Ginger tea; Hops tea; Horehound tea
Mugwort tea; Nervous Stomach Blend; Peppermint capsules; Spearmint Tea; Trikatu for dieters
Tulsi juice and honey for nausea; Wormwood tea